Random Cuts

Submit any comments, issues or requests relating to the use of VR Milling Version 5 and 2

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

Turpy
Hardware/Software: VR Milling v5
Quick Cam Pro
Compact 1000 Pro

Random Cuts

Post by Turpy » Fri 14 Sep , 2012 22:12 pm

Hi,
I have just taken delivery of a Microrouter compact pro and attempted to cut a scalextric car from softwood. After the initial area clearance cuts the machine then suddenly takes a random plunge into the work. I have started completely from the beginning and reset cutting plans and post processed, only to find it doing the same thing, snapping my ball nose cutter in the process.
There does not seem to be any consistency as I have tried different machining methods. I found a post about random cuts and the need to run an upgrade.... but the software and hardware only arrived last week....
Quick Cam Pro and VR milling V5

Hope you can help.
Thanks
photo(1).JPG
photo(1).JPG (111.96 KiB) Viewed 3561 times

Denford Admin
Site Admin
Hardware/Software: Go to User Control Panel > Profile
Enter as much information about your CNC hardware and software as you can - it makes it easier for everyone to know what you're talking about then.

Re: Random Cuts

Post by Denford Admin » Mon 17 Sep , 2012 9:27 am

Have you tried the Blue info button in VR milling v5 ?
That might show those odd looking toolmoves before you send them to the machine.

If the toolpath and program look ok in VR Milling and the machine is new, then I think you'll need a service engineer to visit - there could be an issue with with the drives, control board or mechanics

BTW, from looking at those cars, I'd guess that the Z axis is losing position and probably stalling when it should be lifting up out of the job.