Information on the Fanuc 21i source in VRMilling

Submit any comments, issues or requests relating to the use of VR Milling Version 5 and 2

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

Denford Admin
Site Admin
Hardware/Software: Go to User Control Panel > Profile
Enter as much information about your CNC hardware and software as you can - it makes it easier for everyone to know what you're talking about then.

Information on the Fanuc 21i source in VRMilling

Post by Denford Admin » Wed 16 Nov , 2011 16:46 pm

The Fanuc 21i input is available in VR Milling5 and enables you to operate a real or virtual machine as though it was a real Fanuc control.
Obviously not everything can be simulated because our machines work differently and the fact that it's running under windows. (eg if you want to load a CNC file, then a normal windows dialog box appears which obviously wouldn't happen on a Fanuc control)
The Fanuc 21i mode in effect replaces the normal editor and control panel as shown here:
VRMainExplanation1.jpg
VRMainExplanation1.jpg (135.05 KiB) Viewed 8490 times
These pictures show some of the capability of the Fanuc input - although it can run a real machine and do things like JOG and axis, it is not really recommended.
Using on-screen mouse clicks to press a jog key is not as reliable as using the arrows keys on the PC's QWERTY keyboard.
The Fanuc simluator should really only be used for training to give students an idea of what it's like to try and operate an industrial CNC.
VRMainExplanation2.jpg
VRMainExplanation2.jpg (53.44 KiB) Viewed 8490 times
VRMainExplanation3.jpg
VRMainExplanation3.jpg (155.6 KiB) Viewed 8490 times
VRMainExplanation4.jpg
VRMainExplanation4.jpg (151.6 KiB) Viewed 8490 times