Parse error

Submit any comments, issues or requests relating to the use of VR Milling Version 5 and 2

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

qegs

Parse error

Post by qegs » Wed 26 Jan , 2011 16:04 pm

I have just upgraded to version 3.37 from 3.5 hoping that the error would be sorted.

When I am cutting a DXF file created by exporting a design in 2D design i keep getting input parse error - radius

any ideas how this may be solved thanks

Denford Admin
Site Admin
Hardware/Software: Go to User Control Panel > Profile
Enter as much information about your CNC hardware and software as you can - it makes it easier for everyone to know what you're talking about then.

Re: Parse error

Post by Denford Admin » Wed 26 Jan , 2011 16:44 pm

Do you mean you are on VR Milling version 5.37 ?

Invalid radius and input parse error has cropped up a few times in the past, and has been fixed in VRMilling 5 when issues have been seen.
It's usually to do with an arc being too large or small a radius, or the given endpoint is impossible to reach given the other arc properties.
Some CAM software has also been the cause of errors by creating invalid arcs.

Attach a .dxf file which demonstrates the issue and we'll test it here - you may need to zip it up to let the Forum accept it.

qegs

Post by qegs » Thu 27 Jan , 2011 9:10 am

We are using VR Milling version 5.37

I will also look at the 2D file to check there are no strange lines hiding

DXF file added thanks
Attachments
rabit.dxf
(358.43 KiB) Downloaded 697 times

Denford Admin
Site Admin
Hardware/Software: Go to User Control Panel > Profile
Enter as much information about your CNC hardware and software as you can - it makes it easier for everyone to know what you're talking about then.

Post by Denford Admin » Thu 27 Jan , 2011 14:30 pm

Thanks for the file.
We can reproduce it here. The issue is to do with the way the CAM wizard tries to recognise arcs and is converting the large curves (shown in attached image) into invalid arcs.
v5.39beta milling has fixed the problem, although you still get an arc which is not true to the original curve, so the option to turn off polyline to arc conversion has been added in the final window of dxf import (see screenshots)

I've also attached the 5.39 Beta file if you want to try it for yourself (please backup the 5.28 VRMilling5.exe file first)
Attachments
VRMilling5-39-BETA.zip
(3.42 MiB) Downloaded 686 times
DXFImportRadiusError.jpg
DXFImportRadiusError.jpg (176.17 KiB) Viewed 4524 times