what does "Timeout TX Host" mean?

Submit any comments, issues or requests relating to the use of VR Milling Version 5 and 2

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

jsipes

what does "Timeout TX Host" mean?

Post by jsipes » Wed 29 Mar , 2006 17:37 pm

After I've been machining for a while it stops and "timeout tx host" pops up. I assume this means that the machine has overheated. Am i correct? If so what can i do to reduce this occurance

Mr Orange

Post by Mr Orange » Wed 29 Mar , 2006 22:36 pm

Timeout messages are related to the communication to/from the PC to the control card (inside the electrical cabinet).
For example it might appear if you pulled out the RS232 or USB cable whilst VR Milling was 'talking' to the machine.

See the thread on 'Transmit Buffer Full' because if it happens randomly, then its likely to be the reasons given there: http://denfordata.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=60

1. Static discharge from from sucking out the dust cause the control to re-boot
2. Firmware on control needs updating by Easy Upgrader (see the www.Denford.co.uk website under technical support)
The firmware has been improved to be more forgiving where electrical noise is a problem, and to retry more often.

We also supply an earthing kit for certain vacuums which are known to develop 1000's of volts in static :evil: