Jog increments don't match setting

Submit any comments, issues or requests relating to the use of VR Milling Version 5 and 2

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

paulwils7

Jog increments don't match setting

Post by paulwils7 » Thu 11 Oct , 2007 5:00 am

I have just set up a router and for some reason the jog increments don't match what they where set to.

For example when 'step jogging' I set this to 1mm increments. When I perform the step it moves 1.16mm!!!!!!! Why is this?? It doesn't make sense. I then hooked the machine up to my other laptop and it worked fine....1mm increments and it moves at 1mm increments. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Paul

Steve
CNC Guru
CNC Guru

Post by Steve » Thu 11 Oct , 2007 11:11 am

I think you will find that you have selected the wrong machine type :oops:

Look on the laptop that works and when you connect the machine type selected is displayed in the blue bar at the top of the screen.

Now look at the other PC. Go to setup machine and select the corect machine type.

Different machines have different pitch screws and gear ratios. Only by selecting the correct machines will feeds speeds etc be output correctly.

Denford Admin
Site Admin
Hardware/Software: Go to User Control Panel > Profile
Enter as much information about your CNC hardware and software as you can - it makes it easier for everyone to know what you're talking about then.

Post by Denford Admin » Fri 12 Oct , 2007 16:29 pm

It must be the wrong machine selected if its so far out.

There have been some issues with very small increments (eg 10 or 50 microns) where the machine cannot physically do such a small amount within one half-step of the motor. If its moving MORE than 1mm, then its a saoftware configuration error somewhere (eg wrong machine type selected)