VR Milling Ver 2 on a CC3 Network

Submit any comments, issues or requests relating to the use of VR Milling Version 5 and 2

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

bradders
CNC Guru
CNC Guru

VR Milling Ver 2 on a CC3 Network

Post by bradders » Tue 18 Nov , 2008 9:48 am

Customer writes

I'm really sorry to contact you about this after all the help you have given me with the reg code but I've really come to a grinding halt with VR milling V2 and trying to create it as a package on our CC3 network.

I've attempted it about 4 times since our last communication when I manage to get some time to sit down and play. If your not aware, I have an applications wizard that checks for changes before and after installation of software on a "clean" machine.

The installation works perfectly, but when I create the package (the second scan) and allocate it over the network, the software is not available to the user, although the files have been installed on the target machine.

I've really tried to find information on the web, both from your website and RM knowledge sites but drawn a blank.

If there is any information you can point me to, that would be fantastic!
Last edited by bradders on Wed 19 Nov , 2008 10:33 am, edited 2 times in total.

bradders
CNC Guru
CNC Guru

Post by bradders » Tue 18 Nov , 2008 9:49 am

There is this info here:
viewtopic.php?t=23

It does sound like the package is not being created correctly though - I can’t see why the software would not be available to the users at all. There is nothing special about the program windmill.exe
If you look on the VR2 CD in the folder: \Windmill\Bin then this is what should appear in \program files\denford\vrmilling when installed

bradders
CNC Guru
CNC Guru

Post by bradders » Tue 18 Nov , 2008 9:49 am

The information you supplied did help, thankyou to you both and Andy. The package is network installable now and is available to all users. One last thing you might be able to solve, though it’s not impeding the use of the software as far as I or the Tech teachers can see:-

Once the license splash screen disappears (upon starting the software) we receive 2 dialog boxes with the same error message: “List index out of bounds (1)”

If you click ok on these, the program starts and as I say, nothing seems to fail in usage. Is this anything we need to be concerned about?

bradders
CNC Guru
CNC Guru

Post by bradders » Tue 18 Nov , 2008 9:50 am

Check out this post on our forum site

viewtopic.php?t=1821

bradders
CNC Guru
CNC Guru

Post by bradders » Tue 18 Nov , 2008 9:55 am

That message (List index out of bounds) is normally an indication that a certain file is missing, or could not be found – basically, the data inside whichever .ini file it is looking for builds up a list of items.
If it can’t find the file, then there is nothing in the list. The file could be a list of tools, offsets, machine types, materials, post processors etc….
There will probably be an invalid path in the main .ini file (windmill.ini) or the file has disappeared for some reason (windows installers have been known to remove files when upgrading, but not bother replace them, which is why we always recommend removing before installing)