"Timeout on ICM (Host TX)."

Submit any comments, issues or requests relating to the use of VR Milling Version 5 and 2

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

bradders
CNC Guru
CNC Guru

"Timeout on ICM (Host TX)."

Post by bradders » Mon 22 May , 2006 7:51 am

I get a "Timeout on ICM (Host TX)." error on my VR software when connecting from my PC

bradders
CNC Guru
CNC Guru

Post by bradders » Mon 22 May , 2006 7:52 am

Timeout ICM message is the USB equivalent of Transmit Buffer full. This indicates that the coms to the machine have given up on a machine connected by the USB cable.

This was caused by the vacuum earthing problem but firmware changes were also made to improve the coms.

You should ensure that if it is on a compact that the earth mod is fitted to the dust extraction pipe and that the customer is running the latest software and runs easy upgrader from a current cd or downloads from the web.

Denford Admin
Site Admin
Hardware/Software: Go to User Control Panel > Profile
Enter as much information about your CNC hardware and software as you can - it makes it easier for everyone to know what you're talking about then.

Post by Denford Admin » Mon 22 May , 2006 8:54 am

Steve
CNC Guru
CNC Guru

School network to blame

Post by Steve » Tue 23 May , 2006 8:09 am

The solution to the initial problem was to disconnect from the Network.

Problems went away when he disconnected from his network ---- All is well at the school now (see e-mails below).

Origional suggestions to school:

However, I believe this message may have to do with your computer network and not the VR software or your router. I have limited knowledge of server systems, however I do know that ICM (Interface Communication Manager) sometimes if there is no activity on an active connection for more than a certain length of time, the ICM terminates the connection from the network. Depending on the type of network connection (internal, LAN, WAN, and so on), you may need to increase the parameter value over 10 seconds. If, on the other hand, a value is too high, the network connections will be very slow and the performance of the server will suffer.

Solution:

The problem seems to go away when we disconnect the machine from our network. So, your original analysis seemed to be right on target. We are working just fine at the moment.