Will MasterCam output to Denford machine?

Anything to do with configuring CAM systems and Post Processors to run on different CNC machines

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

bradders
CNC Guru
CNC Guru

Post by bradders » Mon 09 Feb , 2009 10:08 am

bradders
CNC Guru
CNC Guru

Post by bradders » Mon 09 Feb , 2009 10:09 am

The Mastercam standard Fanuc postprocessor will output to new Denford machines. The output postprocessor name is MPFAN

illmakemyown

Post by illmakemyown » Tue 28 Apr , 2009 4:46 am

How new does the machine have to be? I have a 2002 Microturn, and a 2002 Micromill 2000, will it work on these machines. I have Mastercam Version 9. If not do you know where I can get a trail version of VR milling so I can see if my mill will work before I spend the money for the full version?

Denford Admin
Site Admin
Hardware/Software: Go to User Control Panel > Profile
Enter as much information about your CNC hardware and software as you can - it makes it easier for everyone to know what you're talking about then.

Post by Denford Admin » Tue 28 Apr , 2009 9:12 am

Try these demos:
http://www.denfordata.com/downloads/VRMillingSE.zip
http://www.denfordata.com/downloads/VRTurning-Demo.zip

As far as I remember, you can enter a small number of Gcode lines into the CNC editor and simulate it

illmakemyown

Post by illmakemyown » Tue 28 Apr , 2009 15:00 pm

Thanks , but will these make the machine work, i just need to make sure the machine will move before I buy th e full version.

Denford Admin
Site Admin
Hardware/Software: Go to User Control Panel > Profile
Enter as much information about your CNC hardware and software as you can - it makes it easier for everyone to know what you're talking about then.

Post by Denford Admin » Tue 28 Apr , 2009 15:27 pm

I can't remember what the limitations were - can you try the demos out ?

illmakemyown

Post by illmakemyown » Wed 29 Apr , 2009 2:55 am

i'm going to try it now.

illmakemyown

Post by illmakemyown » Wed 29 Apr , 2009 3:57 am

I just tried it and the software will let me write some lines of code , but it will not let me move any of the axis on my machine. When i click on the "machine" icon it says i need to buy the full version. Is there any way to move the x,y,z without the software, i don't want to spend the money on the software, to then find out the machine is no good. Thanks for the help.

bradders
CNC Guru
CNC Guru

Post by bradders » Wed 29 Apr , 2009 7:13 am

Hi There,

Talk to Denford Inc (See details below) The cost of replacement software will not break the bank for you rich Florida dwellers :lol: :lol: :lol: and you will have a good machine at the end of the day. We will always help with Technical problems wherever we can. As a starting point what does the 7 segment display on the control board ? a "2" or and "8" are usually good signs.

Good luck with getting them running

Denford Inc.

815 West Liberty Street
Medina,
Ohio 44256

Phone: 1-800-886-9750
Fax: 1-330-725-3297
sales@denford.com
www.denford.com

illmakemyown

Post by illmakemyown » Wed 29 Apr , 2009 15:45 pm

See I don't mind spending the money, but if I spend the money and then the machine needs a board or something like that, than i'm going to have to spend more money. From the research that I have been doing I can rip all the guts out of this machine and replace them with different drivers like the gecko, etc and use the Mach3 software, for right around the same price as your software. See i also have a microlathe that has the VR turing software version 1.3 and it works, so i would like to keep both of the machines unmodified if possible. Thanks

bradders
CNC Guru
CNC Guru

Post by bradders » Wed 29 Apr , 2009 16:11 pm

I was only joking about the money, and can see why you want to make sure every thing works before you purchase. I have informed Denford Inc to look aty this post and see if there is any thing they can do for you.

Regards
Bradders

illmakemyown

Post by illmakemyown » Wed 29 Apr , 2009 18:56 pm

I know you where joking no hard fellings here :lol: , but i see you understand what i'm saying about the software right? Thank Again

Benny
CNC Expert
CNC Expert

Post by Benny » Wed 29 Apr , 2009 20:13 pm

Reply from Denford Inc.

While I cannot provide you with a trial version of the software, I can put you in touch with our educational reseller in FL. Perhaps you can contact them and if they are out in your area, they may be able to do a demo on site for you or if you make arrangements with them, you may be able to bring your machine to their facility for a demo of the software. If it works, you can purchase from them, if not buy them lunch for their time!
www.jaeger.cc

That is the best we can do.

illmakemyown

Post by illmakemyown » Thu 30 Apr , 2009 3:36 am

I guess I will have to try that. Thanks