Orac 85 board connections

Read what other Denford users are doing with their machines and software.
Educational resources, ideas and courseware.
If you have a Denford related success story, please tell us about it here.

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

jonfas

Orac 85 board connections

Post by jonfas » Thu 01 Jun , 2017 10:35 am

This machine came from a friend who had several similar machines. This one has been used as spares for others and some parts sold off. Basically the machine is complete apart from a tool post which was sold some time ago. The mechanics of the lathe are complete apart from the tool post. All of the electric have been stripped out and I have been re assembling them. I have downloaded as many diagrams as I can from this site and when switched on I now have no X or Z movement and no spindle speed.
This appears to have something to do with the connections of the 1951 Board. or the FHP Parajust board. The connections from the mains supply (in) are OK and the output 4 wires are connected to the spindle motor and appear correct. Can anyone tell me where connections 1 - 6 go and where the connections on the 1951 go and maybe the machine will come to life. Once switched on the main computer boards come to life and the program system 1 - 8 appears and by changing to manual mode the screen registers X and Z movement but nothing moves and the spindle does not turn. However, if you turn the chuck by hand the revolutions register on screen. The re-set and kill buttons work. The two wire override button appears to go to 1951
Any advice appreciated