chess pieces

Read what other Denford users are doing with their machines and software.
Educational resources, ideas and courseware.
If you have a Denford related success story, please tell us about it here.

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

glasgowuni
Hardware/Software: bridgeport vmc3000
3x 3 axis XYZ
various other machine tools
denford mill and lathe

Alphacam
solid works
autocad
aspire

chess pieces

Post by glasgowuni » Mon 17 Sep , 2012 10:42 am

Hi I am going to use the pawn chess piece that is already installed in the vr turning program. my question is does the program use a parting off tool in it??

Also do you gave the g codes for the rest of the chess pieces as we don't have a post processor for your software for alphacam

Help

Denford Admin
Site Admin
Hardware/Software: Go to User Control Panel > Profile
Enter as much information about your CNC hardware and software as you can - it makes it easier for everyone to know what you're talking about then.

Re: chess pieces

Post by Denford Admin » Mon 17 Sep , 2012 12:18 pm

Did you see these ?
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=3082

Bradders might have the g-code for the chess pieces as well - I'll ask him to post anything onto the above post.
I don't think we have any solid models of chess pieces, but think it'll be worth us taking those profiles and revolving them into 3D models...now that we can easily (and cheaply) print them in black and white ABS on the UP! printer :)

glasgowuni
3x 3 axis XYZ
denford mill and lathe

Alphacam
solid works
autocad
aspire

Post by glasgowuni » Mon 17 Sep , 2012 12:42 pm

Denford Admin wrote:Did you see these ?

Bradders might have the g-code for the chess pieces as well - I'll ask him to post anything onto the above post.
I don't think we have any solid models of chess pieces, but think it'll be worth us taking those profiles and revolving them into 3D models...now that we can easily (and cheaply) print them in black and white ABS on the UP! printer :)
sounds good but can you do asap lol

glasgowuni
3x 3 axis XYZ
denford mill and lathe

Alphacam
solid works
autocad
aspire

Post by glasgowuni » Mon 17 Sep , 2012 12:43 pm

Denford Admin wrote:Did you see these ?

ment to say yes saw them but them are not any good to me as i cant put them into alphacam and this is what i need to do for a lab we are running starting next week

George