Wanted: ISO35 tool holders *** NOW SORTED! ***

Anything to do with buying, selling or sourcing Denford machines, spares or software - please use sensibly!

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

summat
Hardware/Software: StarMill, converted earlier to Mach3

Wanted: ISO35 tool holders *** NOW SORTED! ***

Post by summat » Sat 20 Dec , 2014 13:08 pm

Location UK: North West.

I've just bought a Starmill, converted to standard parallel interface (Mach3/EMC style), which was supplied with a tool holder, BT35-DA208-060M, which I understand to be an ISO35 / BT35 spindle, clamping DA200 collets. Not so sure about the 060M marking.

Now, looking at the specs for DA200s and more importantly the UK availability of these, this seems to be the wrong direction for me to take to get going easily and affordably in the short term (and I know that DA's are frowned upon for milling). I've got a set of ER25 collets, so I'm looking for a BT35 holder (or similar ISO35) that adapts down to a ER collet clamp, preferably ER25, but I could stretch to an ER32.

'35s look like they've long gone out of fashion - 30s, 32s, 40s, 50s all easy to find, but 35's are becoming a bit of a devil. I do have a '35->MTA2 found on eBay heading my way, and I do have a MT2->ER25 collet holder but I don't really like stacking tool holders like this.

So, in the hope that someone out there has an abundance of tooling that's collecting dust - has anyone got anything suitable to get me going for a reasonable cost (i.e. not the $100+ shipping from the US +duty which is my next choice).

I've a lot of spare time over Christmas and having a CNC mill sat next to me bereft of tooling is frustrating :(

Mike
Last edited by summat on Fri 09 Jan , 2015 20:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

triac
CNC Expert
CNC Expert

Re: Wanted: ISO35 tool holders

Post by triac » Mon 05 Jan , 2015 15:24 pm

It seems you haven't had any response on the forum, have you obtained any BT35 chucks or tooling ?
Emgee

summat
Hardware/Software: StarMill, converted earlier to Mach3

Re: Wanted: ISO35 tool holders

Post by summat » Fri 09 Jan , 2015 20:10 pm

triac wrote:It seems you haven't had any response on the forum, have you obtained any BT35 chucks or tooling ?
Emgee
I managed to get a MT2 adaptor, but with a MT2-ER25 collet holder I lost too much working height. I've since got a BT35-ER32 collet holder and a set of collets, which I think should cover my immediate requirements, thanks.

BT35s in the UK are the proverbial hens-teeth.