VS 280 synchro for sale

Anything to do with buying, selling or sourcing Denford machines, spares or software - please use sensibly!

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

Pete.
CNC Expert
CNC Expert

VS 280 synchro for sale

Post by Pete. » Thu 27 Jun , 2013 17:40 pm

I want to sell my Denford lathe, it's a VS280 Synchro from about 1985. I've owned this since January 2009 and used it frequently. Swing is 280mm with a few mm spare. The base has two storage cabinets and the motor is behind the headstock.

It's an all-metric machine with single-phase motor and variable speed drive, the lever on the top controls the spindle speed so you can change rpm on the fly in the middle of a cut - handy for parting, facing or threading.

Everything works on this machine including the footbar emergency stop and coolant pump though the pump has never been used. It's fully powered so you can come along and run it, make some test cuts etc if you want. It comes as you see it in the picture except for the light is now removed. There are no chucks or backplates to go with it - I am selling it because I now have a very nice replacement which is also D1-3 camlock and came with no chucks, so I have to keep them. I'm running out of space in my workshop now so this one needs to go.

I can get this out onto the pavement, after that it's up to you. A small trailer would be best, it weighs about 600kg or so. I can provide muscle power to help with loading.

The photo is from 2009, but the machine still stands as you see it here.

Price is £650, and the machine is in Gravesend, Kent.
Attachments
viceroy01.jpg
viceroy01.jpg (130.31 KiB) Viewed 2945 times

mikedesign

Re: VS 280 synchro for sale

Post by mikedesign » Sat 17 Aug , 2013 22:47 pm

Pete Did you sell this lathe?