DENFORD CYCLONE FANUC Spares or repair

Anything to do with buying, selling or sourcing Denford machines, spares or software - please use sensibly!

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

LYNXY990

DENFORD CYCLONE FANUC Spares or repair

Post by LYNXY990 » Thu 20 Jun , 2013 12:05 pm

I have a 1990 Denford cyclone ex-education machine that requires S'Ram Back up and the parameters resetting. The machine is mechanically in very good condition as it was an ex-college machine never in production I had it just for prototyping motorcycle parts but due to the time it will take to get repaired I have had to replace the machine quickly so this is now up for sale.
If you have the time to get it repaired it would make a fantastic Lathe or if your a hobbyist it could be converted to MACH3
Im looking for sensible offers for a quick sale.
It is located in my workshop in Wolverhampton and I can load it with a hoist on to a trailer or pick up.

Please call me for any further info Andy 07737472770 or email me jinks110@hotmail.co.uk for pictures

Denford Admin
Site Admin
Hardware/Software: Go to User Control Panel > Profile
Enter as much information about your CNC hardware and software as you can - it makes it easier for everyone to know what you're talking about then.

Re: DENFORD CYCLONE FANUC Spares or repair

Post by Denford Admin » Thu 20 Jun , 2013 14:15 pm

S'Ram Back up and the parameters resetting
Is it a true Fanuc then ?
If so then it'd be a great machine without a retrofit to Mach.
It will have a small memory but you shouldn't need that much on a lathe anyway, especially if you get into Cycle and Macro programming. Drip feed is another option as well.
A retrofit to Mach won't be that straight forward and IMO a step backwards for the machine...it'll have AC Servos that would need replacing with stepper motors and drives.

Feel free to post a couple of photos btw :)

seaman77
CNC Apprentice
CNC Apprentice
Hardware/Software: two Triacs one Orac.

Post by seaman77 » Sun 11 Aug , 2013 17:48 pm

IS IT STILL AVAILABLE?

angel-tech
CNC Guru
CNC Guru
Hardware/Software: .....
4 Quatros
3 Oracs
2 Easiturn atc
12 station lathe atc
Mach 3

Post by angel-tech » Sun 11 Aug , 2013 18:48 pm

I have a cyclone for sale.

Skaaprib
Hardware/Software: Not using anything yet. Looking into getting one of the machines and start the hobby.

Post by Skaaprib » Sun 11 Aug , 2013 19:12 pm

Hi Guru
Is your lathe still available? Could you please send me some pictures of the lathe and tell me a little more about it? Are the slides still good and what control does it have on? Please mail me on beukes1140@gmail.com?

Thanks

Johann