Denford VersaLaser VL-300 For Sale

Anything to do with buying, selling or sourcing Denford machines, spares or software - please use sensibly!

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

petereggington

Denford VersaLaser VL-300 For Sale

Post by petereggington » Sun 02 Dec , 2012 16:31 pm

Hi all,

I'm looking to sell a Denford VL-300 Laser Cutter with an Advantage Extraction Unit. I'll try and give as much information/details here:

The Laser Cutter was originally at a school which closed down, and was moved to a school very close which I used to work at.

The laser itself is in good condition and does cut, however after a period of time cutting the laser power seems to diminish. You may read on here that I have asked questions regarding this, and it seems that the tube may need recharging. It has a honeycomb bed installed and I do not have the focus tool, but did start making my own version copied from the school that I used to work at.
The extraction unit works fine, but the LED lights indicating the status of the filters do not light up, unsure of the problem really, but the fuses are OK.

There are a few scrathces scrapes etc to the clear lid of the cutter but these are really only minor points I wanted to make.

I am unsure really of how to add pictures of it but will try and get some on if I can. I'm sure there will be a 'how to guide on here' I can look at.

I guessed this would be a better place to list/sell it, as I guess eBay wouldn't be as useful.

Regarding price I am open to offers, as I really dont know of its value!

Reply here or PM me for more info etc.

Cheers
Pete

Denford Admin
Site Admin
Hardware/Software: Go to User Control Panel > Profile
Enter as much information about your CNC hardware and software as you can - it makes it easier for everyone to know what you're talking about then.

Re: Denford VersaLaser VL-300 For Sale

Post by Denford Admin » Mon 03 Dec , 2012 9:56 am

Uploading pictures is easy:
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=597

The hard part is reducing the size of them to around 1024pixels wide (so they don't run off the screen and also take up too much server space)...one easy way can be to email the photo to yourself as some email programs will ask if you want to reduce the image size before sending.

petereggington

Post by petereggington » Mon 03 Dec , 2012 12:28 pm

Thanks Admin,

I'll try uploading some tonight for people to see!

petereggington

Post by petereggington » Tue 04 Dec , 2012 13:47 pm

Anyone from Admin know roughly how much to ask for something like the above? I prefer to have a rough idea on the listing!

Pete

Martin
CNC Guru
CNC Guru

Post by Martin » Wed 05 Dec , 2012 14:30 pm

It does sounds as though the lsaer tube may need to be recharged which after postage costs for a 30 watt cartridge would be £885 (£845 + £40 P & P).

If you have checked the internal fuses in the extraction unit it would sound as though it requires a replacement PCB card. We could obtain a price from Bofa if you want?

I have not come accross any secondhand ones before so not sure what a reasonable price would be.

petereggington

Post by petereggington » Sun 09 Dec , 2012 10:43 am

Hi Martin,

I know this is not technically a for sale question here but if possible could you find out the cost of the replacement board from BOFA. I would assume it is this that is not working and not that the filters need replacing. How long should these last typically?

Also, I emailed Denford about the possibility of upgrading the laser to a 50 Watt version and was told this was possible, would you know that cost of this?

Cheers
Pete

gamebuster

Post by gamebuster » Sun 12 May , 2013 17:12 pm

Is this still for sale interested in buying it for backup/spares. :loads-a-money: