denford cyclone tools

Anything to do with buying, selling or sourcing Denford machines, spares or software - please use sensibly!

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

Brian Brooks

denford cyclone tools

Post by Brian Brooks » Wed 01 Apr , 2009 14:57 pm

I require a set of tools for a denford cyclone I have bought, or if I can buy
suitable tools individually from for example J&L tools, and can anyone specify the range and type I would require if I were to purchase them individually.
I am told the basic set from Denford is £960 +vat this would include roughing, finishing, boreing, Int & Ext Threadind, parting off & Grooving tools.
Also is any software available to create G code from CAD DXF files
for the fanuc OT control system to upload into this Machine.

Lone_Ranger
CNC Expert
CNC Expert

Re: denford cyclone tools

Post by Lone_Ranger » Thu 02 Apr , 2009 8:24 am

Brian Brooks wrote:I require a set of tools for a denford cyclone I have bought, or if I can buy
suitable tools individually from for example J&L tools, and can anyone specify the range and type I would require if I were to purchase them individually.
I am told the basic set from Denford is £960 +vat this would include roughing, finishing, boreing, Int & Ext Threadind, parting off & Grooving tools.
Also is any software available to create G code from CAD DXF files
Hello Brian

If your Cyclone has the Barufaldi turret then it will probably use 12mm x 12mm square shank tooling.

I use Glanze indexable tooling, you can buy a nice little set in a wood box for around £97 which includes VAT and shipping and will do most jobs, add an internal and external threading tools and any parting/grooving tools needed and you will be pretty well setup for under £200. The tools in the set all use the same CCMT insert and aren`t very expensive, lots of them for sale cheap on Ebay!!!
Try looking here http://www.chronos.ltd.uk/acatalog/Glan ... Tools.html
or look at their range of individual tooling, I have one of those sets and I have literally made many hundreds of items on my Cyclone and have had no problems whatsoever with the Glanze tooling!!!

As for CAD-CAM software it can be expensive but I use BobCAD-CAM which is excellent and not too expensive, you will need to do some searching as there are some great bargains to be had right now due to the hard times so it`s really a case of "shopping around" and really pushing the salesperson to get the best deal, right now it`s a "buyers market" for stuff like that!!!!!

Hope that was of some help to you.

Regards
Rob

:) :) :)

Lone_Ranger
CNC Expert
CNC Expert

Re: denford cyclone tools

Post by Lone_Ranger » Thu 02 Apr , 2009 19:27 pm

Brian Brooks wrote: Also is any software available to create G code from CAD DXF files
P.S. If you get stuck with generating your G code I would be happy to take a look at your DXF file and if you have a list of the G codes assigned to your machine I could modify one of my Post Processors to produce the code for you!!

BTW forgot to ask, how much memory do you have in your control??

Regards
Rob

:) :) :)