Orac and Triac Electrical parts available

Anything to do with buying, selling or sourcing Denford machines, spares or software - please use sensibly!

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

torleifj

Orac and Triac Electrical parts available

Post by torleifj » Mon 13 Oct , 2008 19:17 pm

Hi everyone.

I have converted an Orac and a Triac to PC control, so the controller parts available for spares. They are available to you for the postage.

I don't want to see them for sale on ebay or anywhere else. In that case, I'll rather sell it myself. Therefore I'll ship the parts one by one.

Send me a PM if you need anything.

Best regards,

Torleifj

andrew2k8

Post by andrew2k8 » Wed 15 Oct , 2008 16:48 pm

Hi ill take all you have for the orac trying to make sense of the one I just purchased thanks you have p.m

torleifj

Post by torleifj » Wed 15 Oct , 2008 17:54 pm

Hi.

I'm giving the parts away for free to those needing them. I do it to help others keep their machines up and running. If you can be specific about what you need, I'll send it to you for the postage.

Best regards,

Torlief.

andrew2k8

Post by andrew2k8 » Wed 15 Oct , 2008 21:01 pm

Hi I’m after the front panel ( the key board ) some one drove a folk truck through it.
It does work to a fashion,
and I don’t know if I need the pc board or the memory board what’s happening to mine is when I power down the machine losses all its positioning data and to re zero it I have to move x and z axis through its steps twice it goes from six hundred and something to zero but instead of then going to minus it just counts down again
Thanks Andrew
:?:

torleifj

Post by torleifj » Thu 16 Oct , 2008 0:00 am

I have a nice looking keyboard. The front panel is broken through the display, so you'll have to cut the part I have clean and make a display window and everything left of that. Fairly straight forward as far as I can tell. The tape deck is included by the way.

I can't help you debug the machine. After a few minutes of use, I decided that I would rather convert mine to Mach so that I would get an interface that I was familiar with. My Triac mill was already running Mach and I was very happy with that.

Unfortunately I never finished the conversion as I lost my workshop in a fire in May. The controls for the Triac and Orac were stored away, that's why I'm now giving the parts away.

/Torleif.

SimonRafferty
CNC Expert
CNC Expert
Hardware/Software: Denford Cyclone P
EMCO PC Mill 100
Solidworks 2018
SimSolid

Post by SimonRafferty » Thu 16 Oct , 2008 13:19 pm

andrew2k8 wrote:Hi I’m after the front panel ( the key board ) some one when I power down the machine losses all its positioning data and to re zero it I have to move x and z axis through its steps twice it goes from six hundred and something to zero but instead of then going to minus it just counts down again
Thanks Andrew
:?:
The former is a 'feature'! The only solution is to keep the controller powered up.

The latter sounds more complicated to solve. Possibly not zero-ing properly as it should never have to pass through zero (as you hit the limit switch a few mm beyond).

Si

Denford Admin
Site Admin
Hardware/Software: Go to User Control Panel > Profile
Enter as much information about your CNC hardware and software as you can - it makes it easier for everyone to know what you're talking about then.

Post by Denford Admin » Fri 17 Oct , 2008 9:00 am

The former is a 'feature'! The only solution is to keep the controller powered up.
I thought someone had fixed this "feature" by adding a low current PSU to keep the memory powered up while allowing the rest of the machine to be turned off ? Although I couldn't find any posts on it so it may have been something I dreamt up :?

andrew2k8

Post by andrew2k8 » Fri 17 Oct , 2008 22:24 pm

i have searched for it no luck!!!

just need a god wiring diagram and find out which board needs the power back up ( but for the moment I have a system to re zero don’t think it’s the right way but for the moment its working)
Thanks for your help

SimonRafferty
CNC Expert
CNC Expert
Hardware/Software: Denford Cyclone P
EMCO PC Mill 100
Solidworks 2018
SimSolid

Post by SimonRafferty » Sun 19 Oct , 2008 18:51 pm

I looked at doing this - just feed 5v in to one of the 5v lines on the processor board - and hay presto.

Trouble is, it draws a lot of current - 4A IIRC. You are better off just fitting a switch in line with the VDU to switch that off. The power consumption of the original PSU is only marginally higher (with the VDU off) than a replacement PSU for just the 5v line - and it's much easier to do!

Having now completed my Mach conversion - I also have a VDU, Processor board, keyboard and interface board up for grabs - all in good working order. My tape drive works, but has a broken drive belt.

Si

Steam-Chris

Orac Parts

Post by Steam-Chris » Mon 03 Nov , 2008 14:06 pm

Hi torleifl

I am looking for the PARAJUST MODULE (spindle motor controller).

i have just purchased an ORAC and a previous owner has removed the board ind install a seperate motor controller that is not connected to the computor in any way, this means i cannot screw cut so if you have the board availabe i will be very gratefull.

also the i would like the PC1619 board as this has also been removed.

any help on these items would be good, if you are able to help please let me know the cost and i will send the money first.

Thank you

Chris

torleifj

Post by torleifj » Mon 03 Nov , 2008 22:26 pm

Hi Chris.

I think I have the motor controller. I don't thing it is worth the postage though. With that controller, the motor speed is rather unstable at low speeds, so I replaced it with a Lenze VFD.

Why not interface the lathe controller to the VFD you have?

I wonder what the PC1619 card is, I can't find it in the documentation. Is it located in the controller chassis?

/Torleif.

Steam-Chris

Post by Steam-Chris » Tue 04 Nov , 2008 14:54 pm

Hi Torleif

The PC1690 i think is a relay board that sits to the left of the power supply board.

I have been looking at interfacing the VFD, i have hooked it up and have on off control from the keyboard but am having trouble with speed control, the output of the PC1600 control board will not vary, bumbling through the diagrames i have to try and find the fault, i have an early PC1600 with a 3 wire cable link from a 16 pin header to the PC1623 spildle speed overide board but only have the circuit diagram for the later modified boards, do you still have the PC1600 and PC1623 boards.

If you do not have these boards, Do you SimonRafferty ?

andrew2k8, i have the same problem with the 600 figure, perhaps this should be posted in another area of the forum and not in classifieds, think i'll start, no i wont cos its already being discussed

Thanks

Chris
Last edited by Steam-Chris on Tue 04 Nov , 2008 15:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

torleifj

Post by torleifj » Tue 04 Nov , 2008 15:09 pm

Hi Chris.

I have an assembly that consists of a PC1600, a PC1601 and a PC1623.

I will go looking for the relay board again.

/Torleif.

Steam-Chris

Post by Steam-Chris » Tue 04 Nov , 2008 15:16 pm

Torleif

Thanks, quick reply, email me, chris15@blueyonder.co.uk please and will give you address details and i would like yours so we can sort out postage

Thanks

Chris

torleifj

Post by torleifj » Tue 04 Nov , 2008 15:23 pm

Hi again.

No, I'm afraid that I have lost the PC1690 board.

I stripped the electronics from the chassis and threw the chassis out a while ago. It may be that I decided not to keep the PC1690.

Sorry,

Torleif.

Steam-Chris

Post by Steam-Chris » Tue 04 Nov , 2008 19:04 pm

Hi Torleif

Not to worry, i have the pcb diagram so can work out type of relay and connections.
I would still like the the PC1600 and PC1623 if possible, My PC1601 is ok now, its probably the easiest board to repair, had a diode blown in the 24v bridge but all ok now, so that board may be of use to somebody else.

thanks

Chris

Steam-Chris

Orac Boards

Post by Steam-Chris » Sun 07 Dec , 2008 9:45 am

Hi Torleif
Recieved boards thank you, have now sorted all problems apart from thread cutting, pair of sensors on order should be here monday.
the Parametric dive board works fine, just needed fine tuning, it will run at 50 rpm no problem, somebody was over zelous with the boost pot.

I will do the repairs on my original boards and then offer them to the forum, think the fault fixes may be of interest to.

Once again thanks for your help

Chris

torleifj

Post by torleifj » Sun 07 Dec , 2008 12:11 pm

Hi Chris.

Thanks for the feedback, I'm happy to hear that your lathe is up and running again.

It seems that I should have spent just 5 minutes on the Parametric drive before I replaced it with a Lenze VFD :-)

All the best,

Torleif.