Could not find VR milling Application error in QuickCAM 2D

A forum for anything to do with QuickCAM 2D Design and LaserCAM 2D Design. Submit advice, examples, problems, feature requests etc..

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

Denford Admin
Site Admin
Hardware/Software: Go to User Control Panel > Profile
Enter as much information about your CNC hardware and software as you can - it makes it easier for everyone to know what you're talking about then.

Could not find VR milling Application error in QuickCAM 2D

Post by Denford Admin » Fri 10 Jul , 2009 10:05 am

I get "Could not find VR milling Application" error from the CAM wizard in QuickCAM 2D

This is because the default option to send the gcode program to VR Milling is set to on, if you don't have VR Milling installed, then you'll get this error.
Turn the option off from the Options menu as shown:
Attachments
DirectToVRMilling.jpg
DirectToVRMilling.jpg (23.08 KiB) Viewed 10635 times

rharland

Re: Could not find VR milling Application error in QuickCAM 2D

Post by rharland » Thu 18 Mar , 2010 10:08 am

Hi

I am getting this problem for non administrative accounts, despite having VR Milling installed. It works ok for the administrator account and opens VR Milling, just not for the non administrative accounts. Non administrative users can open the VR Milling program and use it ok, they just can't launch it from the CAM wizard button.

I have looked on the forums, and found the Network Drive Info tool, run it with a non administrator account and all the tests come back ok.

I am running QuickCAM ver 1.9.5.349 and VR Milling ver 5.30.0.477

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Denford Admin
Site Admin
Hardware/Software: Go to User Control Panel > Profile
Enter as much information about your CNC hardware and software as you can - it makes it easier for everyone to know what you're talking about then.

Re: Could not find VR milling Application error in QuickCAM 2D

Post by Denford Admin » Thu 18 Mar , 2010 11:19 am

It could be worth trying the latest version 1.11 as I believe some changes were made to the way VR Milling is found and launched from QuickCAM.
It could also be down to user rights- the windows function being used is ShellExecuteA if that helps the administrators ?