QuickCam 3d Milling and QuickCam 2d Problems

A forum for anything to do with QuickCAM 2D Design and LaserCAM 2D Design. Submit advice, examples, problems, feature requests etc..

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

bradders
CNC Guru
CNC Guru

QuickCam 3d Milling and QuickCam 2d Problems

Post by bradders » Tue 30 Sep , 2008 8:58 am

In Quick Cam 3D Milling when we start the program it gives the error that is in the attached file. It gives that error in the 5 laptops it is installed. It works fine with other laptop from a different brand and Software. It works with a IBM laptop with windows 2000 professional but It doesn’t work with a Laptop HP nc8430 with Windows XP SP2. I’ve uninstall and Install the software, deleted temp and temporary Internet Files
The software is Quick Cam 3D Milling v3.2
In Quick Cam 2d Design we’re also having a problem. After done some drawing, when we go to Cam Wizard/Inside Offset/ it appear “no tools available and the depth of cut only allow a value between 0 and 0,5. This only happens on those same computers described above but it works fine with the IBM laptop.
The Software is Quick Cam 2D design v1.9 , downloaded today from your web site because the older version had the same problem.
Last edited by bradders on Wed 01 Oct , 2008 6:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

bradders
CNC Guru
CNC Guru

Post by bradders » Tue 30 Sep , 2008 8:58 am

From Administrator

The first one (QuickCAM 3D) must be graphics driver problems – test by turning off hardware acceleration

The other one must be that files have gone missing or not installed properly:
Open up QuickCAM2d.ini from C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Application Data\Denford\QuickCAM2D in notepad / text editor
In here is a section telling the software where to find the tooling and material files eg:

[Files]
Last Open Dir=C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\My Documents\Denford\QuickCAM2D\
Palettes=C:\Program Files\Denford\Common\newpal.qcc
Which Palette=3
Last Tool File=C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Denford\AllOffsets.MOF
Last Material File=C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Denford\VRMilling5.MAT

NB – substitute USERNAME in the above paths for the current users logon/profile name

TiagoM
Hardware/Software: Denford Microrouter V4

Versalaser VL300

"No tools available"...

Post by TiagoM » Wed 18 Mar , 2009 12:06 pm

Hi Braders,

I've been having exactely the same problems with some laptops here. Only one IBM computer, the laptop that controls both the Denford Microrouter and the a laser cuter runs problem free.

I believe our ICT technician tried that thing on the notepad but it still did not worked.

Expecting replies from Denford guys.