no admin rights / machine selection

A forum for anything to do with QuickCAM 2D Design and LaserCAM 2D Design. Submit advice, examples, problems, feature requests etc..

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

paul

no admin rights / machine selection

Post by paul » Wed 30 Jan , 2008 15:32 pm

Hi
I want to change the machine settings from my router to triac miller. The tutorial shows how you have an option to change machine and log in as administrator to change parameters.. I have none of these choices in my options menu.
Any ideas?
cheers

Steve
CNC Guru
CNC Guru

Post by Steve » Thu 31 Jan , 2008 10:14 am

Have you got the current version of QuickCAM 2D?

http://www.denfordata.com/downloads/qui ... gn_1_7.zip

What machine is selected in VR Milling?

Which tutorial are you refering to and why are you trying to make the change?

paul

Post by paul » Thu 31 Jan , 2008 19:06 pm

Hi I did have the older version 1.4 but have now updated it to the latest version but it is still the same.

The tutorial was in the old version 1.4 its in the help menu called "machine config tutorial" this tutorial has dissapeared in version 1.7

The router is the current selected machine in VR milling.

I only wanted to change it because when it is set to router it uses spindle speeds much higher than my triac and triton can go, I just go through and edit the speeds in the program anyway but just wondered why i cant find the option to set it up to either machine

Cheers

Steve
CNC Guru
CNC Guru

Post by Steve » Fri 01 Feb , 2008 9:22 am

Hi,

This was an older version that we changed away from. It restricted the size of the work as well as used the tooling.

If you are running VR Milling 5 and then load Quick cam 2d the material library from the current machine is loaded into the Quick Cam software and the feeds and speed will come in as well. :)

If you make a Mill the active machine in VR then when you reload Quick Cam the feeds will change to suit. :D

If you are running older VR Milling 2 or a standalone version of the software simply go to the OPIONS menu and select MACHINE MATERIALS.

From here you can add or edit materials.

Just add some materials such as MILL PLASTIC or MILL ALUMINIUM and you can then have different feeds and speeds for the same materials selected by machine type.

When running the CAM part of the program just select the correct material :!:

paul

Post by paul » Fri 01 Feb , 2008 13:51 pm

Thanks
I started VR milling 5 first and it did change the settings in quickcam design when i opened it.

Denford Admin
Site Admin
Hardware/Software: Go to User Control Panel > Profile
Enter as much information about your CNC hardware and software as you can - it makes it easier for everyone to know what you're talking about then.

Post by Denford Admin » Mon 04 Feb , 2008 15:31 pm

Just want to point out that the shared tooling and materials between VRMilling 5 and QuickCAM 2D are not Live :( unfortunately

You may find that you have to close and restart QuickCAM 2D in order for any changes made in VR Milling to be visible.
They use the same physical file on disk, and save the changes at various times - therefore only one application (VR Milling) can have control over the file at any one time.