Unable to machine with QuickCAM2D Design

A forum for anything to do with QuickCAM 2D Design and LaserCAM 2D Design. Submit advice, examples, problems, feature requests etc..

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

shucker

Post by shucker » Wed 29 Aug , 2007 7:56 am

We are changing over to QuickCAM2D Design when term starts next week. I loaded the software onto my school laptop so I could get use to the software and make a few examples before the start of term. I am having problems machining.

When the file is tranfered into VR Milling software and I run through a simulation on my laptop its fine.

When I put it onto the PC attached to our machine it stops at the following code "G90 M6 T0101" I have no idea what this means - can you help please?

Denford Admin
Site Admin
Hardware/Software: Go to User Control Panel > Profile
Enter as much information about your CNC hardware and software as you can - it makes it easier for everyone to know what you're talking about then.

Post by Denford Admin » Wed 29 Aug , 2007 9:00 am

The real machine will stop at that line to change the tool to tool number 1.

What machine do you have ?
If its a router, then the machine should stop to let you put the correct tool into the spindle with a message like: "Change to tool 1"

If its a milling machine with an auto-toolchanger, then the machine should go into the auto tool change routine, and pick out tool 1.

If the program is pausing on toolchange for no reason, then it sounds like the tool change type is not setup correctly (ie the PC thinks you have an auto toolchanger machine when you really don't)
Double check you have the correct machine selected in VR Milling (look at the top bar of the program)

shucker

Post by shucker » Thu 30 Aug , 2007 9:12 am

I'll check, Thank you.

Like all new software etc it can be really frustrating when things don't work. :)